Monday, August 11, 2003

Mid August Update

Nice weather at the moment. But I'm glad that I'm not in London baking on the tube with my face in the armpit of some sweaty buisnessman. Brightons the perfect place for it as well - going on the beach etc. It doesn't get too hot too, because of the nice sea breeze. I've had almost a full year of sunshine - havent really needed to wear a coat since i was skiing in New Zealand...

Jo is doing her new job, as well as a lot of study for CIMA so is a bit tired to do too much raving at the moment. I'm still looking for a job, but last week I focused on sorting out a place to stay when we have to leave this house at the end of August (when the students move in). After seeing a few nice places (which went before we could get them) and several more scummy flats we found a lovely flat in hove, near the beach and just a couple of roads along from where we are now. So, very happy with that.

Last weekend we went to london, cos my future brother in law Chris was borrowing the brighton house for his stag weekend. Plus it was my sister's hen night and jo went along for that. Amanda's friends are a bit ra-ra and for some reason the girl that organised it thought that going to a hard house warehouse rave would be an appropriate venue. Amanda was not especially amused... Also, The friday night before, my pigface of a brother turned up at 4am unannounced with a bunch of his scummy mates for an inpromptu after party. We didn't get much sleep and Jo was going out the next night for the hen night. Not especially fun...

I'm feeling a bit better as my new computer is finally working. But on the down side was stressed out by my mum, who was down to brighton for a the last week and had a go at me because she did my washing up.

On the weekend Jo Clift came down to Brighton with Emma and stayed with Pleb. We met up on Saturday and realising that Linda and Kris were back from there travels, we arranged an improptu Exeter reunion. On Sunday we all met up at the Wetherspoons in Brighton center - Me, Jo, Emma, Pleb, Linda, Kris, plus Alex Harris and Chris Patterson. Weirdly, despite living in the same city for about 3 years, this was the 1st time Chris, Alex and Pleb got together!

No comments: