Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring '08

I've been neglecting this blog a little - the updates are spread further and further apart. Maybe that comes from having a new job that makes me work longer hours, or maybe Facebook updates make having a blog a little less needed.

Anyway, here are a few highlight of what I've been up to for the past few months:

Christmas was nice - visited home and spent a family christmas with my new niece and Jo's mum visited too. We watched the burning of the clocks on brighton beach again.






Omid Djali at the Brighton Dome - we'd been watching his TV show and seen his stand up on other shows, but his live show was a little meh.

My 30th Birthday - had a big meal at Iguanas (16 people on our table). I love that place, nice food, but especially their 2 for one coctails. Sumit did me an amazing picture for my present - online here.



Then I also had a mini celebration at home.



Always like to take some baby photos when I'm visiting my nieces. Grace has grown so much bigger already!




Mark Ronson at Brighton Dome was one of the best gigs I've ever been to - excellent guest vocalists, string section and horns.



Had to use up my year's holiday allocation and didn't have time or cash to do anything too fancy so we went to Devon. A highlight was a visit to Buckfast Butterflies and Dartmoor Otter Sanctuary.



Jo's colleague had a wedding up north - we combined that with a visit to Cotswolds & Oxford.




For Christmas, Jo had bought me a Raclette set - basically a hotplate that you can cook your food on while you eat. As an excuse to finally use it we had a Raclette Party, and it went really well - lots of nice food and melted cheese.



April brought snow to Brighton, loads of people built snowmen - and even the beach was coated in snow. I took som cool snow photos.



More recently we visited our friends Linda & Kris and their new baby, William. In a bizzare coincidence, Kris said a google search turned up my blog when he did a seach trying to find out the difference between tangarines and clementines.

And just this week we saw Havana Rakatan at the Brighton Dome for an evening of salsa dancing an music. They were very good and we had front row tickets - quite strange to be quite so close to the performers!

So, there we go, all up to date!

General likes at the moment:
TV: still Flight of the Conchords, Lost (the episode with Desmond is brilliant), Terminator

Films: Enchanted, Stardust, Shoot Em Up
Music: Best of Bootie, Mark Ronson, other cover versions, Regina Spektor

Radio: Russell Brand, Aneas Faversham

No comments: